Attention! This job posting is 60 days old and might be already filled.
This job posting was marked by employer as filled and is probably no longer available
|Company Name||AOL (view profile)|
|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2012|
|Job Type||Internship (Paid)|
Are you obsessed with online videos? Are you the first of your friends to watch and spread the funniest, most entertaining and sometimes controversial videos on the web? Do you find yourself sharing these videos on facebook and twitter? Are you a news junkie with an impressive pulse on what’s going on in the world? If the answer is yes to these questions than an Internship in AOL Video Programming is definitely for you!
What is AOL Video?
AOL Video is the world’s leading next generation digital video network, reaching millions of individuals each month across the Web, Internet connect TV and set-top boxes, and mobile devices. AOL Video reaches its unique audience through every digital consumer touch point providing its highly engaged viewers with a menu of options to experience the best video content. The Video Media library consists of acclaimed original AOL productions as well as premium programming from the largest broadcasters, cable networks, and the best pure-play, online media companies. The AOL Video team current Content Partner Network includes major media companies including: AP, Reuters, BBC Worldwide, Scripps, Meredith, Rodale, Sugar Entertainment, IGN, Comcast and more!
Role & Responsibilities:
As the Viral Video Content Curator Intern you will work directly with the Huffington Post Media Group/AOL Video Programming Manager! You will work hand in hand to help select, organize, and track viral video content for the Huffington Post and additional Owned & Operated Brands! This is where your passion for videos and news kicks in! Internship Highlights include:
• Act as a liaison between AOL Video Programming and Huffington Post editors to help identify the best content to augment stories and articles
• Assist the program manager directly with packaging and pitching AOL Video content
• Assist with content inventory audits
• Build programming packages for AOL Video’s distribution partners with a heavy emphasis on the Huffington Post
• Track the performance of content verticals and featured items
• Promote relevant and timely content via playlists, newsletters, social media, etc.
• Exposure to a diverse, talented and influential group of game-changing media players
• ALL AOL interns experience a hands-on, real-world learning experience. No coffee-runs or photocopying for interns here! Interns are also invited to participate in all employee activities, from team to company wide meetings, charitable events and more. Interns are also invited to weekly events featuring pertinent business leaders throughout the company offering exposure to many different aspects of AOL!
Requirements for Success:
• You’re immediately available to start and hit the ground running! Strongly Preferred: You can work full time in August (preferred but not required) and can continue throughout the Fall semester on a part-time basis! (required) It’s Paid!
• A demonstrated passion for viral video and digital media!
• You’re a total news junkie with a passion for knowing what’s going on in News & Current Events as well as Lifestyle & Entertainment
• Familiarity with the online video space: know your YouTube from you premium producers please!
• Energetic, ready-to-learn, self-starter who loves working with people but not afraid to buckle down and work independently
• Delivers results in a fast paced, start-up like, deadline-driven environment, and can manage multiple personalities
• Social Media maven—you are passionate about connecting to the world through multiple outlets and are comfortable on blogging platforms, video platforms, social platforms etc. Better yet- you maintain space on multiple online community networks like blogs, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
• Experience at a media/news/digital environment strongly preferred. If you worked directly with video—that’s a plus, but social media + digital editorial work too!
• You have an impressive understanding of what’s going on in the digital landscape-from gossip sites, to national news to blogging. You know what makes the Internet pulse skip a beat.
• Preferred Majors: Digital Media, Communications, Journalism, etc.
• You are enrolled or have JUST graduated from a four year accredited University. Just finishing freshman year? No problem!
- Yoxi: Paid Social Media Internship posted 1 day ago.
- Yoxi: Paid Design Intern posted 7 days ago.
- MWP Studios: Creative Studio Interns (Photography, editing, productions, marketing & PR) posted 9 days ago.
- Urbandaddy: Editorial Assistant posted 7 days ago.
- The Nielsen Company: Entertainment Creative and Marketing Intern posted 7 days ago.